ARTICLE VII - HEALTH-SAFETY-SANITATION
- The Company will continue to provide safety inspection, first aid service and safety equipment as deemed necessary by the Company to minimize accidents and health hazards to the SPOs during the hours of their employment. The Union agrees to cooperate with the Company to the end that the SPOs will use such safety equipment when so provided and observe such safety, housekeeping and health regulations as prescribed by the Company.
- The Company will establish safety committees for the Hanford plant and employees will be asked to serve on the committees. The HGU will nominate one (1) employee to serve on the various safety committees. In the event the Patrol force expands, HGU may request for consideration an additional representative. This representative will be nominated by the Union subject to approval/agreement by MSA LLC management.
- The Company will provide annual medical examinations for all SPOs through the OMSP. SPOs may discuss their examinations with the examining physician. SPOs who are unable to perform their duties because of temporary or permanent physical disabilities determined by the OMSP will be subject to the conditions set forth in Article V.
- The Company will continue to provide and maintain uniforms for all SPOs.
- The Company will provide an annual reimbursement of up to one thousand dollars ($1,000) per employee. The purpose of the reimbursement is to pay for running shoes, work boots, running gear (sweat shirts, sweat pants, t-shirts, etc.). MSA LLC reserves the right to determine style/type of gear required to maintain a professional appearance. The annual reimbursement will run from January 1st to December 31st each year.
SPOs will be reimbursed by the Company to replace work boots for the following conditions: loss due to any contaminations, unrepairable damage occurring while performing normal duties and/or training. Serviceability will be determined by the Patrol Logistics Officer.
- The Company will identify and provide access to Company computers and lunchrooms for SPOs who are working roving patrols.
When requested, supervisors will ensure personal relief is provided for restroom breaks as necessary to SPOs assigned posts where normal relief is not available.